Make your reservations now for the next “Duel Chef Showdown” featuring Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart of Junction vs. Executive Chef David Morgan of Tavern & Grocery on Monday, June 4th at Tin Whistle Irish Pub. There are reservations available for the 6 pm and 8 pm seatings. Call (434) 202-8387 or go to the Duel Chef Showdown website to book your reservations for Monday, June 4! This will be THE BEST “Duel Chef Showdown” yet!
1. Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart, Junction
Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart and her staff’s commitment to excellence have earned her induction in the Chaine des Rôtisseurs and five invitations to create dinners at the world renowned James Beard House in New York City. The James Beard Organization has also recognized Chef Melissa as a semi-finalist for “Best Chef of the Mid-Atlantic” on four different occasions. Chef Melissa’s restaurant, Junction, which is located across from The Local in Belmont, has opened to fantastic reviews. Junction is perfect for an intimate dinner for two or a wedding rehearsal soiree.
2. Executive Chef David Morgan, Tavern & Grocery
Executive Chef David Morgan is the talented young chef behind Tavern & Grocery. A one-time sous chef to Tucker Yoder at Clifton Inn, Morgan has come into his own at Tavern & Grocery. Morgan is an innovative and creative chef, who routinely impresses guests at Tavern & Grocery. We expect great things from him in the “Duel Chef Showdown!”
3. The “Duel Chef Showdown” Will Feature One Common Ingredient: Oranges!
Chef Melissa and Chef David will use every culinary trick they know to prepare delicious food with oranges as the common ingredient! We can’t wait to see what these two geniuses prepare!!
4. Each Chef Will Prepare Four Courses For The Patrons (that’s 8 total dishes you will eat!)
Each chef will create four plates. That’s a total of eight courses for you to enjoy. Seriously, this is the best deal in CVille and features two incredibly talented Charlottesville chefs!
5. You Decide And You Vote The Winning Chef!
Each guest will be able to cast a vote to determine the winning chef. The chef with the most votes will win the “Duel Chef Showdown!” Your vote matters, so book your reservations now!
6. A Portion Of The Proceeds Will Go To Support Empowered Players
A portion of the proceeds from the “Duel Chef Showdown” will go to support Empowered Players! That means you can enjoy eight dishes all while supporting a great local charity. It does not get much better than that!
7. It’s Located At Tin Whistle Irish Pub On Market Street!
Tin Whistle offers one of the best settings in Charlottesville and is conveniently located right across from the Market Street Parking Garage!
8. One Night, Two Seatings, Reserve Your Spot Now!
Be sure to book your reservation early before all the seats are taken! There will be seatings at 6 pm and at 8 pm. You’re not going to want to miss this night! This event will sell out, so book in advance.
9. There’s A Full Bar For Your Enjoyment!
The bar at Tin Whistle Irish Pub is fully-stocked. There will be beer and wine pairings to accompany the courses for those who desire.
10. It’s Only $55 Per Person
For $55, you get eight amazing dishes from two great Charlottesville chefs! The overall value offered here is tremendous!
11. You Need To Reserve Your Spot NOW!
Seats will fill up quickly, so call 434-202-8387 to reserve your spot.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy I Love CVille Has Raised More Than $117,300 For Charlottesville, Virginia Charities Over The Last 10 Years! and 8 Places To Enjoy A Reuben (Or Rachel) Sandwich In Charlottesville, Virginia!.
At I Love CVille, we feature the best of Charlottesville, Virginia. You’re going to love the I Love CVille network.
Jerry Miller, Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, Publisher (see all)
- Roy Wheeler Real Estate Agent Steve White Joined Jerry Miller On The I ❤️ CVille Show! - March 20, 2019
- Roy Wheeler Associate Broker Jim McVay Joined Jerry Miller On The I ❤️ CVille Show! - March 19, 2019
- Kathleen Kiernan Of Primal Pet Foods Joined Pattie Boden & Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local!” - March 19, 2019