Junction Executive Chef Melissa Close-Hart beat Tavern & Grocery Executive Chef David Morgan, 159-144, in the 14th “Duel Chef Showdown” to advance to the Finals where she will face Hamiltons’ At First & Main Executive Chef Curtis Shaver, the winner of the 13th “Duel Chef Showdown!” To purchase tickets to the “Duel Chef Showdown” Championship, please visit this link: duelchefshowdown.com/buy-tickets/
1. Melissa Close-Hart’s First Dish: Fried Green Tomato, Crawfish Étouffée, Chilled Orange And Pine-Nut Dirty Rice
2. David Morgan’s First Dish: Copia Crudo, Orange Blossom Vinegar, Blood Orange, Pickled Ramps And Saory Granola
3. Melissa Close-Hart’s Second Dish: Orange Zest Dusted Fried Chicken, Macaroni & Cheese Fritter, House Made Hot Sauce, Orange Chive Ranch Drizzle And Crispy Collards
4. David Morgan’s Second Dish: Seared Scallops With Sweet Potato Puree, Glazed Carrots, Orange Beurre Blanc And Nasturtium
5. Melissa Close-Hart’s Third Dish: Crispy Double H Farms Pork Belly, Braised Greens, Corn Pudding And Orange Scented Pot Likker Gastrique
6. David Morgan’s Third Dish: Duck A L’Orange With Cabbage, Tangerine, Sesame, Black Garlic And Shiitake Mushroom
7. Melissa Close-Hart’s Fourth Dish: Pecan And Orange Tart, Creamsicle Ice Cream, Candied Orange Zest And Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao Caramel
8. David Morgan’s Fourth Dish: Orange Pound Cake, Creamsicle Ice Cream And Pistachio Nougatine
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy 9 Places To Get Your Pimento Cheese Fix In Charlottesville, Virginia! and Spotlight On Timberwood Tap House At 5th Street Station In Charlottesville, Virginia!
At I Love CVille, we feature the best of Charlottesville, Virginia. You’re going to love the I Love CVille network.
Jerry Miller, Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, Publisher (see all)
- Tavola’s Dylan Allwood Will Face Keevil & Keevil’s Harrison Keevil In The Duel Chef Showdown On September 10th - August 20, 2018
- Meet Grace von Elten, Barista At Greenberry’s Coffee Co. In Charlottesville, Virginia - August 19, 2018
- Keevil & Keevil’s Harrison Keevil Will Face Tavola’s Dylan Allwood In The Duel Chef Showdown On September 10th - August 18, 2018