1. Whiskey Chocolate Chip Pie, The Pie Chest
The Pie Chest has not only amazing seasonal savory pies, but they also have sweet pies that’ll make you want to eat several by yourself. One of our favorites is their Whiskey Chocolate Chip pie warmed up with homemade Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream.
2. Chocolate Cheesecake, Gearharts Fine Chocolate
Gearhart’s Fine Chocolate has recently moved next to Staples on Ridge McIntire Rd. With their new location, they have started making coffee as well as pastries, which they make at the shop. Our favorite is their Chocolate Cheesecake with chocolate ganache, topped with fresh berries.
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake, Sweethaus
This shop has delicious cupcakes that are not always common flavors at a cupcake shop. Our favorite has to be their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcake with a scoop of edible cookie dough as the frosting.
4. Red Velvet Milkshake, Boylan Heights
When ever you are strolling UVA’s corner shops, you should always stop by Boylan Heights for not only an outstanding burger, but also an unforgettable Red Velvet Milkshake topped with whipped cream and a piece of cake.
5. Belgian Waffles, Milli Coffe Roasters
Not only does Milli Coffee Roasters have great coffee, but their Belgian Waffles are something to talk about as well. Our favorite is their Apple, Honey, & Brie Belgian Waffles- a unique addition to Cville desserts.
6. Pistachio Ice Cream, Chaps Ice Cream
Chap’s has been part of Downtown Charlottesville for 20 years, homemaking new and traditional ice cream flavors, such as their delightful Pistachio flavor.
7. Nutella & Strawberries Crêpe, The Flat: Takeaway Crêperie
Having a nicely made crêpe can sometimes be a rarity. Luckily Cville has a takeaway crêperie downtown. Their most popular and delicious dessert crêpe is their Nutella & Strawberries Crêpe- loaded with just the right amount of Nutella (A LOT!).
8. Chinese Spiced Gelato, Splendora’s
The employees of Splendora’s create new flavors of gelato nearly everyday. They make their gelato the same way they have been making it in Italy for 100’s of years. The flavors are unique and one of a kind. Our favorite is their Chinese Spiced Gelato, with extra scoops.
9. Pain au Chocolat, MarieBette Café & Bakery
If you’re craving a traditional Pain au Chocolat, look no further then Cville’s very own french bakery, MarieBette.
10. Beignets, Petit Pois Restaurant
After having a lovely French meal at Petit Pois, Downtown, remember to also order their Beignets with chocolate sauce.
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.
CEO Jerry Miller
Latest posts by CEO Jerry Miller (see all)
- UVA Alum Bettinger Get Justice W/ Settled Suit?; Kochis Pauses Record Access To Oversight Board - February 20, 2024
- Hokies Hammer Hoos In Blacksburg; What Went Wrong For UVA Against Va Tech? - February 20, 2024
- Councilor Lloyd Snook On CRHA + City Deal; Did CRHA Make A Bad Deal With The City? - February 16, 2024