1. The Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Tavern & Grocery
The Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Tavern & Grocery is without question one of the best sandwiches in Charlottesville. Executive Chef David Morgan and his team nail this sammie thanks to the spicy slaw spread, which gives it tremendous flavor. The Crispy Chicken Sandwich ($13) also features hefty portions of swiss cheese and bacon. It’s cut into three sections and can easily feed two people. Get you one!
2. Ol’ Dirty Biscuit, Ace Biscuit and BBQ
Made with fried chicken, sausage gravy, dill pickle chips and pimento cheese, The Ol’ Dirty Biscuit is house-made and served on a buttermilk biscuit. You know you wanna get a ‘lil dirty, baby!
3. Cheese Steak Sub, Fabio’s NY Style Pizza
The Fabio’s “Cheese Steak Sub” comes with a choice of toppings that includes lettuce, tomato, mayo, peppers, onions and mushrooms. Add bacon to your cheese steak, and you just might be eating the best sub in CVille.
4. Roasted Turkey & Cheese Sandwich, Great Harvest Bread Company
Roasted turkey slices served with your choice of Swiss or Sharp Cheddar cheese served on your choice of bread with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mayo, dijon mustard and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
5. Croque Monsieur Ham, Petit Pois Restaurant
Croque Monsieur Ham, Country Bread, Mornay and Salad. This sammie is TheBomb.com! Owner/Chef Brian Helleberg is a sandwich sultan!
6. BLT – Olympia Provisions, Feast!
Made with Landrauchsnicken (seasoned cured smoked pork belly), local tomatoes, romaine, mayo and mustard all served on Baguette. This sammie will literally take your breath away!
7. The Bobke, Ivy Provisions
Made with souffléd egg, sautéed arugula and onion, provolone, tomato and dinonaise served on a buttery croissant! Chef Tommy Lasley has some of the best facial hair in Charlottesville. Oh, he’s also a sandwich genius!
8. Turkey, Horseradish & American Cheese, Bodo’s Bagels
You can make any combination at Bodo’s Bagels, but we love the turkey, Horseradish & American Cheese on an everything bagel! We also like the price!
9. House corned ham and moonshine gruyere cheese fondue sandwich, Rapture Restaurant
Although this is a special and not on the menu every day, this sandwich has stuck with me for a long time! It’s made with house-made yellow mustard, pickles, sautéed red onions and shredded lettuce on a sub roll.
10. BLAT, Firefly
FIREFLY BLAT: Bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato, local egg, cheddar served on sourdough bread with tater tots! Aye mi madre, this sandwich is delicious!!
11. The Reuben, The Fitzroy
Made with house corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss, thousand island dressing and served on rye bread! Owner Kelley Tripp knows sandwiches like the Pope knows Holy Water!
12. The Ednam, The Market At Bellair
This amazing sandwich consists of maple turkey, havarti cheese, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato & herb mayonnaise and served on French bread. The havarti cheese and herb mayonnaise really take this Bellair Market sandwich to another level.
13. The Kickin’ Chicken, Revolutionary Soup
Owner Will Richey takes a Timbercreek chicken breast and smothers it in sauteed peppers, provolone cheese and adds bacon, lettuce, tomato and chipotle mayo. He then positions this deliciousness atop hoagie bread or a wrap. Yep, it’s as amazing as it sounds!
If you liked this post, you may also like 11 Places For French Food In CVille! and 11 Awesome Places For Mediterranean Food In CVille!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Zy Bryant Will Not Run For Charlottesville City Council; Mayor Lloyd Snook Will Seek Re-Election; Tanesha Hudson’s Announcement To Be Determined - October 4, 2022
- Keith Smith & Jerry Miller Were Live On “Real Talk With Keith Smith” On The I Love CVille Network! - October 4, 2022
- Jerry Miller Was Live On The I Love CVille Show! - October 4, 2022