1. On Location And Behind The Scenes At Back 40 Restaurant!
2. The inspiration behind Back 40 Restaurant was to expand Timbercreek Market into a locally-sourced dining experience featuring the best possible ingredients at affordable prices! Located in the historic Coca Cola Building, Back 40 Restaurant uses meats and vegetables sourced directly from Timbercreek Farm!
3. Executive Chef Tucker Yoder has worked at Timbercreek Market since 2016. His creativity, adaptability and talent make him the perfect match for Back 40. Tucker welcomes the opportunity to evolve the menu while integrating the freshest in-season ingredients possible.
4. Sara Miller, who co-owns Timbercreek Farm, Timbercreek Market and Back 40 Restaurant with her husband, Zach, is focused on a “Nose to Tail” dining experience utilizing pesticide-free, herbicide-free, antibiotic-free and hormone-free meats and vegetables from Timbercreek Farm.
5. Front-Of-The-House Manager Maggie Slinkman is an experienced restauranteur who will often greet you at Back 40 Restaurant with an infectious smile. Maggie is also a talented mixologist and the influence behind Back 40’s delicious craft cocktail menu!
6. The tender NY Strip Steak at Back 40 Restaurant is cooked to perfection and comes with corn, peppers, farro and Cipollini onions! I’ve personally tasted this dish. It’s without question one of the best NY Strip’s in Virginia.
7. I also suggest the delicious Herb Roasted Rockfish, featuring summer squash, potatoes, cherry tomatoes and garlic vinaigrette!
8. The Grilled Pork Coppa Roast is absolutely bangin! This dish features charred okra, stone ground grits and a sorghum glaze.
9. The Roasted Corn Soup is served with smoked rockfish and Shishito peppers. It makes an excellent appetizer or accompanies an entree very well.
10. To finish your meal, I recommend the Dark Chocolate Mousse with candied beets, licorice and cocoa nibs!
11. I suggest ordering one of Maggie’s craft cocktails. The Old Spot or The Devon (named after a breed of cows raised at Timbercreek Farm) are A+!
12. Back 40 Restaurant’s intimate setting creates a welcoming ambiance for dinner with friends or a significant other!
13. Showcasing Executive Chef Tucker Yoder’s well-rounded talent and imagination, Back 40 Restaurant’s menu changes daily. That means there is always something new and delicious to try!
14. Vegan and vegetarian friendly options are always available at Back 40 Restaurant!
15. From the reclaimed lumber you see on the walls, to the hanging sculpture created by Front-Of-The-House Manager Maggie Slinkman, the decor, the menu and the staff are all locally-sourced from Charlottesville and Central Virginia!
If you liked this post, you may also like CharLOVEsville T-Shirt (Love Will Prevail!) and Meet The Doctors At Scott Wagner Chiropractic And Sports Medicine!
At Scoutology, we scout your city so you don’t have to. You’re going to love the Scoutology Network.
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Jerry Miller Was Live On The I Love CVille Show! - September 23, 2022
- Quinton Beckham & Jerry Miller Were On “Real Talk With Keith Smith” On The I Love CVille Network! - September 23, 2022
- Albemarle County Public Schools Rank In The Bottom 11% Of All Virginia Public Schools For Black 3rd Grade Math Students - September 22, 2022