Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here:
Listen to the full show as a Spotify podcast here:
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Wednesday, Sept 16)
1. Charlottesville/Albemarle Tourism ditches its brick-and-mortar locations for mobile tourism vehicles.
2. Slot machine updates from the Roanoke Times
3. Slot machine updates from the Daily Progress pertaining to Charlottesville and The Downtown Mall.
4. The Daily Press is closing its Newport News, Virginia newsroom. Parent company also closed The Virginian Pilot newsroom. How will this influence/impact traditional media newsrooms in Charlottesville, Virginia?
5. Waynesboro City Council approved a rezoning request on a 4-1 vote Monday evening for nearly 70 acres of land behind the Lucy Lane Walmart that could allow for up to 600 housing units in that area.
6. Virginia Lottery approves sports betting regulations. Sports betting permit applications will be accepted Oct. 15 through midnight Oct. 31. Permit seekers can also begin to apply for licenses for their principals, vendors, suppliers and employees on Oct. 15. Virginia Lottery hopes by January operators will be up and running. State legislation calls for at least four and up to 12 sports betting permit holders. Is a sports betting/gambling parlor coming to The Charlottesville Downtown Mall?
7. The former GoCo gas station on Cherry Avenue has reopened. This spot has some of the best fried chicken in CVille.
8. There is a new fitness center coming to 4th Street in Downtown Charlottesville, Virginia. Show pictures on screen.
9. There is a new tattoo & massage parlor coming to 4th Street in Downtown Charlottesville, Virginia. Show pictures on screen.
10. Where are the Best Tacos in Charlottesville, Virginia. I answer this question.
11. Will & Erica Taylor are moving from Charlottesville and the Chick-fil-A in Fashion Square Mall to Portsmouth, Virginia where they will manage/own a Chick-fil-A. Show pictures on screen.
12. Big 10 Football will resume play the weekend of October 24. Each team will attempt to play eight games in eight weeks, leaving no wiggle room during the coronavirus pandemic before the Big Ten championship game on Dec. 19. That date will also feature an extra cross-division game for each school, with seeded teams in each division squaring off. The Big Ten would complete its season before the Dec. 20 Selection Day for the College Football Playoff. Fans are not expected at Big Ten games, which will be held on campus throughout the season.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Megan Washburn, Owner Of Dink Doctor, Valorie Easter, Serial Entrepreneur, And James Watson, Urban Planning Consultant, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! and Rabia Chaudry – NYT Best Seller, Advocate, Lawyer & Podcast Host – Joined Kelly Jackson & Jamie Schwartz On “Women Changing Our World!” On The I Love CVille Network!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Susan Krischel, Executive Director Of The IX Art Park Foundation, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - October 20, 2020
- Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network! - October 20, 2020
- Keith Smith Of The YES Team Realtors Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - October 19, 2020