Bellamy W. Brown, an independent candidate running for Charlottesville City Council, joined Keith Smith and me on “Real Talk” across The I Love CVille Network. We discussed the following:
1. We updated everyone on Bellamy’s campaign.
2. We discussed affordable housing in CVille.
3. We analyzed the role the University of Virginia must play in the City of Charlottesville.
4. We brainstormed the value proposition of a more robust public transportation system and how it applies to affordable housing.
5. We assessed the relationship between Charlottesville and Albemarle County.
6. We talked about the importance of auxiliary dwelling units (ADUs).
7. We discussed how gentrification has impacted Charlottesville, especially the African American community in CVille.
8. We talked about zoning and the proliferation of R1 Zoning (single family detached) around Charlottesville.
9. We pondered the “Red Tape” created by local government and how it impacts the development ecosystem in and around Charlottesville.
“Real Talk” is presented by Keith Smith, Yonna Smith and The YES Team Realtors and airs every Friday at 10:15 am on The I Love CVille Network.
Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bellamy-brown-independent-candidate-running-for-charlottesville/id1473278344?i=1000451462170
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Albemarle Commonwealth’s Attorney Candidate Jim Hingeley Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! and Jason Pollock, Of The Band The Pollocks, Joined Pattie Boden & Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Ben D’Alessandro, Executive Director Of Virginia Basketball Academy, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - July 3, 2020
- Yonna Smith Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network! - July 3, 2020
- Rob Masri, Executive Chairman At Sportlife Group, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - July 2, 2020