James Stockton (aka Bo Stockton), the owner of Michael’s Bistro and Tap House, joined me live on The I Love CVille Show! Here are some of the topics we discussed:
1. Michael’s Bistro is hosting a free Thanksgiving Day celebration for folks in the community who are hungry, homeless, lonely, down on their luck or looking for positive energy and community support. This event will run from 1 pm – 3 pm at Michael’s Bistro on The UVa Corner. Bo is covering the costs and is also receiving fabulous contributions from many small businesses in the Charlottesville ecosystem!
2. We highlighted Bo’s childhood in Louisa County and the love he has for his parents, especially his mother, Joy.
3. Bo is the father of two creative, talented and intelligent children (one boy and one girl). I asked Bo about parenthood and what fatherhood meant to him. His answer was honest, poignant and emotional.
4. We discussed Bo’s maturation and growth in Charlottesville restaurants. Bo first started working in restaurants as a server at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers in Fashion Square Mall. That’s where he met Mitchell Beerens for the first time. Today, Bo is proud to call Mitch a “brother.” The two eventually moved onto Ruby Tuesday of Charlottesville in Barracks Road Shopping Center. That’s where I met Bo and Mitch for the first time. We were each 18-20 years old. Mitch is now a co-owner of Lampo Neapolitan Pizzeria and Prime 109, two of the most badass restaurants in Charlottesville, Virginia.
5. We highlighted restaurateur Andy McClure, who has been a mentor to Bo for years. Andy is the owner of The Virginian Restaurant, The Biltmore, Citizen Burger Bar and Belle. Bo said, “Andy has helped bring out the best in me. He has been more than a mentor for me. I will forever be grateful for Andy McClure and Julie Marchbanks McClure.”
6. We discussed what Charlottesville, Virginia means to both of us, especially after August 12, 2017. Bo’s commentary was spot-on.
I encourage everyone to please support small businesses across Charlottesville and Central Virginia. Bo is the quintessential “social entrepreneur” or “conscious capitalist.” He’s committed to running a business that leaves his community in a better place than when he first arrived.
Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bo-stockton-owner-michaels-bistro-joined-jerry-miller/id1473278344?i=1000457474403
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes, entrepreneur Patricia Boden’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets and Anderson’s Seafood And Catering, Charlottesville’s premiere caterer and fresh seafood market.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Pattie Boden Joined Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection For A Special Holiday Preview! and Rockstars Emily Kresky, Nikolai Cvetanovich & Sean Bracken Of “Dropping Julia” Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Michael Guthrie, CEO And Managing Broker At Roy Wheeler Realty Co., Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk: An Insider’s Guide To Real Estate In Central Va!” - January 17, 2020
- How Will 7,000 – 9,000 New Employees Impact Charlottesville’s Economy, Workforce & Neighborhoods? - January 15, 2020
- Musicians Matt Horn And Joe Lawlor And Influencer Margaret Matthews Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - January 15, 2020