Former Charlottesville Mayor Dave Norris and Entrepreneur Crystal Napier joined me live on The I Love CVille Show!
Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/former-charlottesville-mayor-dave-norris-entrepreneur/id1473278344?i=1000497246784
Listen to the full show as a Spotify podcast here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6V8duEPNVAiuz7wFlg0S1d
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Wednesday, November 4)
1. Roanoke made history on Tuesday night when voters elected the city’s first-ever majority Black city council. Incumbent Democrat Trish White-Boyd, Democrat Robert Jeffrey Jr. and independent Stephanie Moon Reynolds won the three open seats in a crowded eight-way race that came down to the record-high number of ballots cast ahead of Election Day.
2. Gambling is on the rise across America. There are now 25 states that allow casino gambling in America. Virginia, Maryland, South Dakota, Nebraska, Louisiana, Colorado approve sports betting and pass gambling measures.
3. Bristol, Virginia voters overwhelmingly approve Hard Rock Casino. The $400 million project received 5,547 affirmative votes compared to 2,221 votes against. The project is forecast to generate up to 2,000 direct jobs, between $15 million and $20 million in tax revenues for the city and millions of gaming tax revenues to be divided among the city and 11 other Southwest Virginia localities.
4. $400 Million Caesars Casino approved for Danville, Virginia. Based on estimates by Caesars, the development would generate — by the third year of operation — $22 million in state-collected gaming tax revenue remitted to the city, $12 million in annual supplemental payments to Danville, and $4.2 million in meals, sales, lodging and property taxes.
5. Norfolk, Virginia voters approve a new casino by a 2-to-1 margin. The project is expected to create 2,500 permanent jobs and attract more than six million tourists a year, creating an economic boom for Norfolk and the region. He said the state would get $50 million in casino revenue every year for schools. Another $30 million would be generated annually in taxes paid to the host city of Norfolk.
6. Portsmouth, Virginia approved a $300 million casino project. The project planned for Victory Boulevard will bring 1,300 permanent jobs and 1,400 temporary construction jobs to the currently vacant site. $16 million in tax revenue per year for Portsmouth.
7. Cannabis legalization was on five state ballots yesterday and ran the table. New Jersey, Montana, South Dakota, Arizona and Mississippi greenlight green.
8. Virginia senior defensive end Richard Burney, a team captain, will miss the rest of the season with an undisclosed injury. The school did not disclose the medical issue, but Burney, a team captain this year, missed the majority of the 2018 season with blood clots in his lungs. Burney had two sacks in five games this season.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Jessy George, Owner And Founder Of CentsibleKeto, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! and Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Tim Shirey Joined Alex Urpí & Xavier Urpí On “Today y Mañana” On The I Love CVille Network! - June 30, 2022
- Jerry Miller Was Live On The I Love CVille Show! - June 29, 2022
- Woody Fincham And Quinton Beckham Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk With Keith Smith” On The I Love CVille Network! - June 29, 2022