You can save $288 on Ting Fiber Internet (free installation + first month free) through this link for a limited time: iLoveCVille.Ting.com
Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hayley-shifflett-barbara-lundgren-joined-jerry-miller/id1473278344?i=1000487218768
The I Love CVille Show (Wednesday, Aug 5)
1. UVA delays in-person instruction by two weeks
2. VCU professors want the Fall semester to be 100% virtual. More than 100 VCU professors have written and signed an open letter to VCU leadership.
3. Randolph Macon, Virginia State University, Christopher Newport University, Old Dominion University and William and Mary are all delaying the start of the fall semester, choosing to launch with a temporary virtual model for now.
4. Hampden-Sydney College President: In-person education is far superior to virtual education, and we will show you why that’s the case at HSC.
5. The Commonwealth of Virginia has waived the accreditation ratings for public schools through 2021-2022 school year. Think about that. No ratings for schools. That’s like no report cards on how the individual schools are performing.
6. For the first time in 45 years, Kings Dominion will be closed for an entire year. Kings Dominion has 4,000 season employees. Rival Busch Gardens will open in limited capacity on Thursday with an event called “Coasters & Craft Brews!”
7. UConn is now the first FBS program to cancel its football season in 2020 due to Covid-19. The UConn athletic department is in trouble financially. In 2018, according to financial data filed with the NCAA, UConn generated about $79.3 million in revenue. About 49% of that revenue came from institutional support ($30.5 million) and student fees ($8.5 million). Only $2.7 million was raised from donors and about $2.4 million from football ticket sales, according to the data.
8. The Washington Football Team signed former UVA standout wide receiver Dontrelle Inman, who played in Charlottesville from 2007-2010. For his career, Dontrelle has appeared in 65 games: 170 catches, 2,282 yards, 11 TDs.
9. Joe Harris is playing fantastic basketball in a contract year for the Brooklyn Nets. The former UVa standout is averaging about 14 points per game while shooting 47% from the field, including 41% from downtown. Joe Harris is a J.J. Reddick type player. Reddick recently signed a two-year $26.5 million contract with the New Orleans Pelicans. That’s a good contract comp for Joe Harris.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Anwar Allen, Owner/Baker Of Allens Scottish Shortbread, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! and Joseph Gentile, National Vice President Of Sales Strategy At Pearl Certification, Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Dave Fafara Spotlights Charlottesville Toy Lift; CVille Toy Lift Needs Volunteers, Toys & Support - November 28, 2023
- Recap – Virginia Tech Hammers UVA In CVille; Any UVA Football Coaching Changes Expected? - November 28, 2023
- Keith Smith & Jerry Miller Were Live On “Real Talk With Keith Smith!” - November 22, 2023