1. Crispy Chicken Sandwich at Tavern & Grocery
The Crispy Chicken Sandwich from Tavern & Grocery is without question one of the best sandwiches in Charlottesville. Executive Chef David Morgan and his team nail this sammie thanks to the spicy slaw spread, which gives it tremendous flavor. The Crispy Chicken Sandwich ($13) also features hefty portions of swiss cheese and bacon. It’s cut into three sections and can easily feed two people. Get you one!
2. Hardywood Pilot Brewery & Taproom, Charlottesville
The Hardywood Pilot Brewery & Taproom enjoyed a standing-room only crowd at its grand opening on Saturday. I was stoked to see Ginger Bread Stout, an elusive seasonal with a rabid following, on tap for everyone to buy. While this West Main watering hole still needs to work on its ambiance and its location identity, I, nevertheless, was impressed with the friendliness of the staff, the amount of beers on tap and the overall energy in the air. CVillians, this place is going to crush it!
3. CVille Beer Bonanza – CVille Craft Beer Crawl
Random Row Brewing Co.
Three Notch’d Brewing Company
Hardywood Pilot Brewery & Taproom
South Street Brewery
Champion Brewing Company
4. I Love CVille Top Chef Story Goes Viral
Executive Chef Curtis Shaver has established himself as one of the premier culinary minds in Virginia. Chef Curtis has tremendous creative ability, which is showcased daily at Hamiltons’ At First & Main. It’s this creativity that keeps guests coming back. Chef Curtis is now primed to open his own restaurant. Central Virginia will support his concept from the get-go. Read about all 23 chefs by clicking here.
5. Michie Tavern Fried Chicken & Hiking Experience
Michie Tavern is a Historic Landmark that was established in 1784. Learn about the historic property, enjoy a hike on the Monticello Trail and finish with lunch at the Michie Tavern (we suggest the fried chicken).The Adult buffet is $17.95. The Youth Buffet (Ages 12-15) $10.95. The Youth Buffet (ages 6-11) $6.95. In February, enjoy a Lunch Discount of $4 for all Virginia Residents Monday-Friday and enjoy $2 off on weekends! Only a few days left!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Animal Connection Is Now Open At Its New Location At IX Park! - September 22, 2020
- James King, Co-Owner Of King Family Vineyards, Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network! - September 22, 2020
- Former Charlottesville Mayor Dave Norris And Keith Smith Of The YES Team Realtors Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - September 22, 2020