Follow The I Love CVille Show on iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-i-love-cville-show-with-jerry-miller/id1473278344
Follow The I Love CVille Show on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/7vPYSxtueet3r8GHNboJs3
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Monday, January 27)
1. Let’s remember Paige Rice. From The Daily Progress: “The former Charlottesville Clerk of Council/Chief of Staff Paige Rice was handed a six-month suspended sentence in July, 2019 after she pleaded guilty to misdemeanor embezzlement.
Rice originally was charged in June with felony embezzlement, which carried a possible maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.
The charges came after officials discovered that she kept an Apple Watch and iPhone X that were purchased with city funds despite no longer being employed by the City of Charlottesville.
The watch and iPhone were purchased using city funds on Dec. 13, 2017, at a total value of $766.98. They were connected to an AT&T account covering devices used by City Council. Bills for the watch and phone were paid through a city-issued credit card through mid-October.
On her last official day, AT&T fulfilled a request to transfer the phone to another provider. Platania said it was added to a Verizon account for Rice’s mother.”
In 2013, former Charlottesville Registrar Sheri Iachetta and former Electoral Board member Stephanie Commander faced charges for using city tax money to cover city-issued cell phones for Iachetta’s husband, Pat Owen, and Commander, neither of whom held positions with the city at the time.
Both accepted plea agreements and received 90-day suspended sentences but were required to perform 200 hours of community service.
2. Joe Platania announces his reelection bid for Charlottesville’s Commonwealth Attorney.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Cristel Noel, Latina Entrepreneur Supreme And Owner Of The Cristel Noel State Farm Agency, Joined Alex Urpí & Xavier Urpí On “Today y Mañana” On The I Love CVille Network! and Patricia Zeller Joined Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection!
CEO Jerry Miller
Latest posts by CEO Jerry Miller (see all)
- UVA Alum Bettinger Get Justice W/ Settled Suit?; Kochis Pauses Record Access To Oversight Board - February 20, 2024
- Hokies Hammer Hoos In Blacksburg; What Went Wrong For UVA Against Va Tech? - February 20, 2024
- Councilor Lloyd Snook On CRHA + City Deal; Did CRHA Make A Bad Deal With The City? - February 16, 2024