Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/keith-smith-yes-team-realtors-joined-jerry-miller-on/id1473278344?i=1000488386687
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Monday, August 17)
1. FDA clears way for covid-19 saliva test. Labs are expected to charge about $10 per test with results available in about 3 hours. Researchers said the tests will be less invasive than the nasopharyngeal swab required by the current method.
2. Congress takes a recess for the rest of the summer without reaching a stimulus deal. 28 million Americans are correctly collecting unemployment. Roughly 328 million total Americans. That’s 8.5% of Americans on the unemployment line, and Congress takes a break for the summer to sip umbrella-topped cocktails while tanning poolside in Speedos.
3. The Commonwealth will receive $2.7 billion less in revenues due to Covid-19, but the Commonwealth will not lay off employees or cut funding to essential programs. The governor’s revised revenue forecast includes bad news for Virginia’s transportation program, which fell short in revenues by $121 million in the last fiscal year and expects a shortfall of $750 million in the next two years because of big drops in fuel- and sales tax collections. The new spending that the governor will cut includes personal priorities such as expanding early childhood education.
4. VCU classes begin today. 4,000 students moved in over the weekend into on campus housing.
5. Here’s the contract the University of Virginia is asking its students to sign
6. Charlottesville Empty Storefront Index: Monday, August 17, 2020
7. Ryan Reynolds sells gin company (Aviation American Gin) to Diago today for $610 million. Reynolds gets a $335 million upfront payment. This deal falls just short of the deal Diago made with George Clooney ($700 million, $300 upfront) for Casamigos Tequila.
8. Home Builder confidence skyrockets to record high
9. 5 former UVA basketball players are currently playing in the NBA Playoffs: Malcolm Brogdon (Indiana Pacers), Joe Harris (Brooklyn Nets), Justin Anderson (Brooklyn Nets), Mike Scott (Philly 76ers) and Devon Hall (OKC Thunder). Ty Jerome (Phoenix Suns) and Kyle Guy (Sactown Kings) did not make the postseason.
10. UVA Football currently does not have an opponent scheduled for its season opener. We are less than one month away from the start of the season. Let’s brainstorm some ideas. Remember, UVA is scheduled to play Virginia Tech in week two. All Wahoo fans should hope UVA plays a game before playing the Hokies, who open the season with NC State.
11. Is Liberty University bad at Covid testing? It’s football coach said the school has not tested the football players in two weeks. Liberty plays Syracuse (10/17) Virginia Tech (11/7) and NC State (11/21) this year.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network! and Barb Wired Event/Wedding Directors Iris Luck, Lauren Scully And Vicki Collins Joined Barbara Lundgren & Jerry Miller On “The Virginia Wedding & Event Showcase” On The I Love CVille Network!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Jerry Miller Was Live On The I Love CVille Show! - December 6, 2022
- Pattie Zeller And Jerry Miller Were On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection! - December 6, 2022
- Jerry Miller Was Live On The I Love CVille Show! - December 5, 2022