Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/kelly-jackson-and-barbara-lundgren-on-the-i-love-cville-show/id1473278344?i=1000488611797
Listen to the full show as a Spotify podcast here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1gpz4UPXlJDJfXjS64PXqX
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Wednesday, August 19)
1. Virginia Tech President Tim Sands said Tuesday that five students have tested positive for COVID-19 out of 3,663 tests administered August 9-16, when residential students first started moving back to campus.
2. UVA starts virtual classes on August 25. UVA starts in-person classes on September 8.
3. The proposed Caesars Casino in Danville, Virginia is causing locals to voice their disapproval with the project. Danville residents will vote on November 3 whether to allow the casino in Danville by Caesars Entertainment. Officials have touted a resort casino as a project that will create 1,300 jobs with competitive benefits packages and average pay between $35,000 and $47,000 annually and is expected to bring in $34 million in annual revenue for Danville. It is also anticipated to generate 900 construction jobs. Caesars hopes to invest more than $400 million to build a facility with at least 300 hotel rooms, a 35,000-square-foot conference center, a 2,500-seat live entertainment venue, restaurants and bars, 2,000 slot machines, 75 table games, 16 poker tables and a sportsbook to wager on various sports competitions. The project is expected to be complete in 2023.
4. The University of Georgia will allow 23,000 fans in the stadium for home football games. Tickets will cost $150 per game. Tickets are being sold in “single game fashion.” Georgia will play Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt at home.
5. Will college basketball be played this season in a “bubble format” without fans similar to the NBA and the WNBA? Is Richmond, Virginia, which has VCU’s Siegel Center and the University of Richmond’s Robins Center, the best “bubble option” of any city in Virginia?
6. Apple became the first publicly traded American company to reach a $2 trillion valuation today. Think about that.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! and Mark Lorenzoni, Owner Of Ragged Mountain Running Shop, Joined Keith Smith & Jerry Miller On “Real Talk” On The I Love CVille Network!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Any Value To The CHS “Listening Session?;” SROs, Metal & Vape Detectors, More Security - November 21, 2023
- Tony Elliott Era: UVA Wins 1st ACC Home Game; Game Film Breakdown: Virginia 30, Duke 27 - November 21, 2023
- Classes Canceled Today & Tomorrow At CHS; CPS Union Vs CPS Leadership Standoff - November 20, 2023