1. Seafood at West Main will permanently close on August 31. Owner Chris Arseneault was the wholesale seafood provider for many restaurants in and around CVille. Seafood at West Main has been located in the Main Street Market (the purple building) since 2001.
2. Nikki and Yannick Fayolle, who are expecting their first child, sold their Texas-style BBQ joint in Belmont (No Limits Smokehouse) to Benos Bustamante, the former front of the house manager at Mas Tapas. Bustamante, who worked at Mas Tapas for 16 years, will open a different restaurant concept in the No Limits Smokehouse space later this year.
The Fayolles also have their Blue Ridge Pizza Co. listed for sale. Blue Ridge Pizza Co. is a mobile wood-fired pizza catering company that has enjoyed success at weddings and festivals.
The Fayolles will move to Clearwater, Florida in November to be closer to family as they raise their first child and five fantastic dogs.
3. J.R. Hadley and his team at Boylan Heights have sold their ownership stake in The UVa Corner powerhouse to Michael Lewis, Mike Heyer and Nick Becker.
Lewis, one of the sharpest dressed chefs in CVille, was the previous owner of Mono Loco Restaurant. Heyer was the managing partner at Trinity Irish Pub. Becker was the general manager at Coupe De Ville’s.
The UVa Corner bar scene is now controlled by Ryan Rooney, the owner of Trinity Irish Pub, Coupe De Ville’s and a strategic partner of Boylan Heights, and Andy McClure, the owner of The Biltmore and The Virginian.
Jordan Brunk, the owner of Crozet Pizza at Buddhist Biker Bar, and Bo Stockton, the newly minted owner of Michael’s Bistro, also have influence in this dining and debaucherous district.
4. 5th Street Station announced that Caribou Coffee, Wing Zone, Auntie Anne’s, Pei Wei, Chickie’s & Pete’s and BurgerFi will open this winter in its Southside CVille shopping center. Basil Mediterranean Restaurant and Rotika Indian Eats will open this fall in 5th Street Station.
5. The developers behind Dairy Market on Preston Avenue have announced their founding merchants, which include: Starr Hill Brewing, the flagship tenant, Angelic’s Kitchen, Chimm Street, a sister restaurant to Jay Pun’s Chimm in 5th Street Station, Eleva Coffee and Tom Bowe’s Take It Away Sandwich Shop.
6. Travinia Kitchen went out of business this month in The Shops At Stonefield. Travinia’s rent is one of the highest of all restaurants in Charlottesville and Central Virginia.
7. RockSalt Charlottesville will permanently close its doors in The Shops At Stonefield after five years of business on Saturday, August 24.
8. Hunter Smith, the founder, president and head brewer at Champion Brewing Company, will open a taproom and full-service restaurant in the RockSalt location later this year.
9. Decipher Brewing Company is the newest addition to the City of Charlottesville beer ecosystem. Decipher, a military veteran owned business, quietly opened in Woolen Mills in mid June. I suggest you order the Broken Logic IPA (7.0%). It’s damn good.
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Entrepreneur Crystal Napier And Albemarle County Detective Michael Wells Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - October 21, 2020
- Patricia Zeller Joined Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection! - October 21, 2020
- Susan Krischel, Executive Director Of The IX Art Park Foundation, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - October 20, 2020