Tom Powell, Founder of Toy Lift Charlottesville, joined me live on The I Love CVille Show!
Listen to the full show as an iTunes Podcast here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tom-powell-founder-toy-lift-charlottesville-joined/id1473278344?i=1000498383141
Listen to the full show as a Spotify podcast here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/37LidajnjbhxVuzb1ybRWR?si=6_nc872NSIaLC0QZFmsEmw
The I Love CVille Show headlines (Thursday, November 12)
1. Mayor Nikuyah Walker on covid in Charlottesville: “The lockdown needs to happen today because we are unnecessarily losing loved ones everyday. Please prepare yourselves for an actual lockdown because a lockdown or more unnecessary deaths are our only options.”
2. Crozet, Virginia real estate sales were up 33% in Q3, 2000 vs. Q3, 2019. In comparison, Q3, 2020 sales in Albemarle County in totality rose just 2% vs Q3, 2019. Without the increase in Crozet sales, Albemarle County sales would have actually declined 3.5% in Q3, 2020. The average price for a detached home in Crozet fell in the quarter, dropping 5% to $509,000. This drop is due in part to a higher percentage of these sales being lower cost re-sales. Of the 89 total sales, only 22 were for new construction, down from 30 sales in the same period last year.
3. Knife/axe throwing venue will open soon in Scott’s Addition in Richmond, Virginia.
4. 3 Roanoke private schools canceled winter sports due to covid: Roanoke Catholic, Faith Christian and Dayspring Christian. Richmond Public Schools announced on Monday that they will not play winter sports.
5. Chipotle will open its first digital restaurant on Saturday in Highlands, New York, just outside the gates of West Point. The design does not include a dining room or a line for ordering. Chipotle’s digital sales more than tripled in its third quarter, accelerated by the coronavirus pandemic. Starbucks, Shake Shack, Burger King and Taco Bell are also rolling out their own digital restaurant models.
6. Jobless claims totaled 709,000 last week, the Labor Department reported, below the 740,000 Wall Street forecast. That represented a decline from the 757,000 total a week ago. More than 21 million Americans are still collecting benefits, though the total is declining gradually.
7. UVA men’s basketball team picked No. 1 in preseason ACC standings.
8. Louisville (2-5) at Virginia (2-4), 3:30 pm, ACC Network. The Cavaliers are a 3.5-point favorite. The over/under is 66 points.
9. Hugh Freeze just earned a big-time contract extension as head coach of the Liberty football team.
10. About 2,700 Albemarle County students are now learning in-person inside schools.
The I Love CVille Show airs live before a worldwide audience Monday – Friday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm on The I Love CVille Network.
The I Love CVille Show is powered by four generation strong Intrastate Inc., trusted limo company Camryn Limousine, the talented Dr. Scott Wagner of Scott Wagner Chiropractic and Sports Medicine, custom home builder John Kerber of Dominion Custom Homes and entrepreneur Patricia Boden Zeller’s Animal Connection – All Natural Store for Healthy Pets.
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy Patricia Zeller Joined Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection! and Jerry Miller Was On The I Love CVille Show!
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Rico Hearns, CEO & Founder Of Sweet Lick Entertainment, Joined Jerry Miller On The I Love CVille Show! - December 3, 2020
- Jerry Miller Was On The I Love CVille Show! - December 2, 2020
- Bryan Harris, Director of The Arc of the Piedmont, And Daniel Kaufman, Owner Of Public Fish & Oyster And Co-Owner Of Pronto Fresh Pasta On The Go, Joined Patricia Zeller And Jerry Miller On “What’s Barking Local” Powered By Animal Connection! - December 2, 2020