The talented team behind MarieBette Cafe & Bakery is opening a third location in the City of Charlottesville in the Fry’s Spring Neighborhood off Jefferson Park Avenue, multiple sources confirmed with The I Love CVille Network.
The team signed a lease this week and will rent a portion of the former Anna’s Pizza #5 location in the Maury Avenue Shopping Center, which is currently home to Yuan Ho Chinese Take Out, Rudy’s Dry Cleaners and Wahoo Wash. The team will launch a version of its popular cafes on Rose Hill Drive and Water Street with a focus of capturing the attention of locals, professionals and students within close proximity.
The third location will serve coffee, breakfast and pastries in a smaller, scaled-down footprint of the beloved Anna’s #5, which closed on December 19, 2022.
This news comes on the heels of Fry’s Spring Station announcing its surprising closing after a successful 14-year restaurant run.
Co-Owner PK Kamath cited elevated costs and a changing restaurant landscape as reasons for closing Fry’s Spring Station, which will have its last day of service on Sunday, November 26.
The Maury Avenue Shopping Center and Fry’s Spring Station (the real estate, not the business) are owned by Terry Hindermann, the managing partner of Secured Realty, LLC. Hindermann has been dubbed “The Mayor Of Fry’s Spring” due to his real estate holdings around the neighborhood.
A company tied to Hindermann – Stadium Row, LLC – purchased the two properties that comprise the Maury Avenue Shopping Center in April, 2022 for $3,050,000.
This Is What Else I’ve Been Writing…
- Northrop Grumman Will Invest $200+ Million Into Waynesboro, Creating 300+ New High-Paying Jobs
- UVA Says A 10-Story, 130-Foot Tall, 242-Unit Apartment Building Is Bad News For Ivy Road
- Tyson’s Corner Allows Drinking While Shopping; When Will Charlottesville Do The Same?
- Charlottesville City Council Should Create A DORA To Drive New Tax Revenue
- Flow Automotive Buys Jim Price Hyundai And Continues Automotive Dominance
- Guajiros Miami Eatery Moving To Peloton Station
- City Council About To Approve $5.9 Million To Kill 245 Apartments On High Street By Rivanna River
- Dairy Market Phase 3 Stalled
- Virginia Kingmaker Sonjia Smith Injects $70K Into Allison Spillman’s Campaign
- 1417 Emmet Street Under Contract, Asking Price $3,350,000
- Charlottesville Planning Commissioner In Crossfire Following City Home Purchase
- Johnny Ornelas Opening Mejicali Restaurant In Old World Of Beer Space
- Albemarle School Board Extends Superintendent Haas’ Contract Despite Parental, Political And Petitional Outcry
- Cumbre Coffee & Bakery Nearing Grand Opening On East Jefferson Street
Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher
Latest posts by Jerry Miller, CEO & Publisher (see all)
- Dave Fafara Spotlights Charlottesville Toy Lift; CVille Toy Lift Needs Volunteers, Toys & Support - November 28, 2023
- Recap – Virginia Tech Hammers UVA In CVille; Any UVA Football Coaching Changes Expected? - November 28, 2023
- Keith Smith & Jerry Miller Were Live On “Real Talk With Keith Smith!” - November 22, 2023